Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Resettlement Corps service + Polish Citizenship?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by kwek, May 5, 2017.

1. kwek

kwek New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Deutsch
    Hi, I am interested in obtaining Polish citizenship through descent from my grandfather.

Would my grandfather's service in the Polish Resettlement Corps in Britain invalidate my application for Polish citizenship based

on descent (Jus Sanguinis) ?

I understand that the Polish Citizenship Act of 1920 states that a Polish citizen loses his/her Polish nationality, if he/she

accepts public office or joins the army in a foreign country without prior approval of the Polish Government.

Was the Polish Resettlement Corps officially part of the British Army, or not? It seems as though the PRC was mostly administered

by British Army personnel, British military law was imposed, and enlisted men recieved pay packets from the British Army. However,

I haven't found any document to state that the PRC was officially part of the British Army.

Can anyone enlighten me on these issues?

Thanks in advance, kwek

2. kman

kman New Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Kewk, I currently have a Polish Ancestor Citizenship application being processed. My grandfather was also in the PRC in Britain. I can confirm there is no loss of citizenship. It seems the Polish authorities still considered them as being in the Polish army.

My advice is to pay for a lawyer to help as it will save a lot go time and energy.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Kman