Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Overstayer from Non eu country married to eu national in uk

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by dipobrazil, Feb 5, 2008.

1. dipobrazil

dipobrazil New Member

Hi ....i have been married to my husband now for over 5years but he is an overstayer from africa, a non EU visa national......we currently leave in Uk ....please i would appreciate any advice on the possibilities of getting an EU family permit for him and what would be required and especially as I am pregnanat now for our first child.

I am a british citizen....thanks .[/b]

2. thsths

thsths Addicted member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Re: Overstayer from Non eu country married to eu national in

Congratulations. But remember your priorities: usually that would be partner first, kids second, and then everything else. So whatever you do, your husband should agree with it.

Hm, that is a bit of a problem. Since there is no European dimension to your case, your husband cannot use the European immigration track.

So he has to apply for a spouse visa. That means he needs to go back to his home country and apply there. If he has a reasonable job and no criminal record, he should have a good case. However, sometimes visas are refused just because of overstaying. So there is a certain amount of risk involved with this strategy. If the visa is refused, he can appeal, but that takes time.