Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Oh dear... Need help! Lost British passport situation...

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by melanieg, Jun 11, 2008.

1. melanieg

melanieg New Member

I am new here and totally mortified.. I am British with both UK and US citizenship. My 7 year old US born daughter is also a dual national. We are due to leave for Europe, and England in four weeks and I cannot, for the life of me, find her UK passport...

I am guessing I just go ahead and enter the UK with her using her US passport???

Should I go in on my US or UK one??

I think the passport got lost during a major house remodel and may or may not reappear. I've turned the entire house upside down looking for it.

Am I cutting it too fine to apply for a new one for her now? Do I really have to send in her US passport to the British embassy in DC as well?? That would leave her without any passport at all.

How big a deal is it to replace a lost passport?? I downloaded all the forms and it looks like a big deal. Must I notify the police department here that it is lost???

Would really appreciate any advice, as I am seriously stressed right now and feeling about two inches tall for not being able to find the thing...