Forum Ireland

Forum of expats in Ireland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Non EU Spouse on Tourist Visa to Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by scottlahive, Jul 3, 2006.

1. scottlahive

scottlahive New Member

Hi Everybody,i am new.
    Its a quick registration process,hopefully some people can give me some ideas too.

I am married to a Filipina now,since June 8th.Our original tourist visa application was refused on the basis there was no clear link to me...but Manila never sent any of the correspondances!!!The upmost unprofessionalism.......,and since then we have become married to Miss Universe and i just sent in an appeal today,,,and another 4-6 wks to see what happens.

The local politician and embassy said applying for a brand new spousal visa would be easier...

But from what i have read.........

Spousal can take 3-6 mths,another interview for her to go though,new costs and
    Plus i am a student,on 200 and odd euros living at home with parents...and i read its not enough money for a 2 yr spousal visa,,and anyway i go back to fourth year finishing my degree in October,so i won't work much then...So i was thinking all along a tourist visa seems best first.

I am using my dad as a co sponsor right now,for the tourist visa,and i am sure it will be granted,since we are married now,and have printed out our communications and i have made sure they reach Dublin,myself!!! and i've been there a second time in Philippines to see her family.We married there just last June,when i came the second time.

It seems alot clearer to me,to bring my wife on holiday until christmas,for three months tourist visa..then finish college,and apply for spousal in summer 2007.

But some people still say i could apply for spousal visa right now,and have her forever...as the politician told me,its not right she is my wife,and should be here.Maybe he can work some magic for me.

I just want to be with my wife Merliza,but the new legislation in Ireland now,allows only for naturalisation after 3 years of living here first,to be a citizen of Ireland.

We are both 23:)...

What do you think?