Forum Cayman Islands

Forum of expats in Cayman Islands: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN News about Cayman

Discussion in 'Cayman Islands' started by Gordon Barlow, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Gordon Barlow

Gordon Barlow Active Member

City:
    George Town
    Living In:
    Cayman Islands
    Nationality:
    Caymanian (KY)
    Languages:
    English
    This is a dormant forum, unfortunately. Mostly, I think, because the site administrators prefer to exercise a monopoly on what is published here. Over 90% of the threads are created by the administrators (Tex and Cyril) - with all goodwill, I'm sure, but it seems to be a large put-off for other contributors. I've no idea how many members Easy Expat has, but apparently not a single one of them has any interest in commenting on the original posts. That's sad.

It might be better - and more welcoming - if Easy Expat would allow names other than their own staff's to feature on the threads. Let's watch and see. It's worth a try; the existing procedure has failed, surely.

My personal blog carries news about my home territory from time to time - mixed in with comments on world affairs and occasional reminiscences of my childhood in the Australian bush and of my travels through the Middle East and the Soviet Empire long ago. In January I posted a brief essay called "Standards in Public Life", telling of a rather nasty anti-expat outburst by a local politician, in this British colony where contempt of foreigners as a species is a sure vote-winner. One can find it by Googling that title, with the name of my blog (Barlow's Cayman) in front of it.

I would be glad to answer questions about my Caribbean home - beginning with the topic of the anti-expat sentiment, if any reader would like.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    We always welcome new contributors and we thank you for the messages on the forums.
    You slightly exagerate saying that we posted 90% of the threads :D :D . We did post a fair amount of messages to encourage others to participate to the discussions, but in total EasyExpat members have not posted more than 20% (and started rightly a bit more topics), which is in line with what you can see on other expat formula where they have just many more topics and especially much more staff, therefore posting dozen of thousands each... (of course on some forums they create 'artificial' users in order to post more responses and open new discussions, which we don't do :angel: ).

Anyway, feel free to always post your comments and we encourage other expats to respond and post, of course :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...