Forum Paris

Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN New Arrival - Request for Assistance - Scooter Problem

Discussion in 'Paris' started by headup, Jul 1, 2011.

1. headup

headup New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, bad English, a tiny bit of French
    Hi all,

I've just arrived in Paris last night... great to be here! My first challenge has arisen very early this morning and I am wondering if anyone can provide some rapid guidance please. Your pity/sympathy/support is greatly received and appreciated!

I moved a van full of stuff over last week, including my British registered scooter, a Suzuki Burgman 125. I unloaded it into the garage. It was working fine before leaving the UK.

This morning, I got up, put the windshield back on (had to remove it to get it in the van) and then attempted to start it.

It didn't want to start, and unfortunately I've run the battery out. Arrgh. I've not had the scooter very long, and I think I've just been the victim of my own lack of experience with cold starting a scooter that has been standing for a while.

Anyway, I need to have the scooter running within 36 hours.

Can anyone provide advice on the following, please?

1) A good scooter garage close to Luxembourg 75006 that can do servicing?
    2) Anywhere that sells spare scooter batteries, scooter battery chargers?
    3) A good, value-for-money motorcycle/scooter roadside/breakdown service?

I am under some time pressure to solve the problem because I work shifts at Charles De Gaulle Airport, either very early or very late, and cannot necessarily rely on the RER B to get me to work early enough or back home late enough!

Any guidance will be greatly received! Thanks in advance. :)

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Congrats on moving to Paris, but sorry about your scooter trouble. I am afraid I'm not knowledgeable about scooters, but wanted to recommend the EasyExpat Paris guide if you haven't already found it. As do all of our guides, it has info about jobs, housing, transportation, and is available for free download. Best of luck & Enjoy!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...