Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Need an advice please :Refusal of EEA Family Permit

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Sophia32, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Sophia32

Sophia32 New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Thai (TH)
    Languages:
    English, French, Thai
    Hello everyone,

I'm really upset for the result of my EEA Family Permit today. I need to do the internship in England for 6 months so I applied for an EEA Family Permit. And it was successfully approved for the first time but it is valid until the 28th of August. It doesn't work out for me as my internship will end up in November. Therefore I applied for the second time while mentioning the date of entering and leaving. Anyway, they refused my application with this message :

"I am therefore not satisfied that your spouse is residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA Regulations.
    You have failed to provide evidence that your EEA national family member is a qualified person in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. I am, therefore, not satisfied that your EEA national family member is residing in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006."

For the information about me, I am originally from Thailand and my spouse is French. We live together in France. He works for british company in Africa but he will join to stay with me in England as well during my internship.

I would like to know that how come the first EEA is approved but not the second one ?
    And what can I do next ?
    Anyone could give me some advices ?
    I am so tensed because this internship is very important for my studies

Thank you in advance.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hi Sophia32 -
    I am so sorry to hear about your visa issues. I wanted to check in and see what your status is now. What did you choose to do? Did you hire an immigration attorney? Can you recommend a resource?

I so hope everything has worked out for you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...