Forum India

Forum of expats in India: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Delhi - Schools

Discussion in 'India' started by lisaetpa, Jun 24, 2012.

1. lisaetpa

lisaetpa New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, French
    Hello,
    I am moving to New Delhi (job in Gurgaon) with my husband and my 2 children from London, UK.
    I am looking for international schools, and it seems that The British school and the American Embassy school are at the top of the list, at least from what I could find so far... But I really struggled to find information so would someone be able to help and recommend schools?
    We were not looking for schools in Gurgaon, assuming that South Delhi schools were the best...

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    The Expat Guide to New Delhi is the best place to start as it offers info on school system in India, private and international schools.

" Delhi International School: Managed by the Delhi Education Society, this is a well recognised school with boarding facilities.
    The British School: Has students from a number of nationalities; mainly focussed however on British and Indian students.
    Amity International School: An international school with education from pre-primary to standard 12.
    Starex International School: Another reputed school with full boarding facilities.

For a complete listing of international and well-acclaimed schools across Delhi, please click here."

Also try connecting through the network or expat blogs in India. Anyone have experience or advice?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. honesha

honesha New Member

City:
    ctr
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    hindi telugu english
    In India Public Schools are a coeducational residential school offering a challenging curriculum and an enriching learning experience from Pre-Kindergarten through equip children with the tools to master rigorous academic challenges schools in Delhi http://www.schoolsworld.in/schools/show ... t_code=706 including math, science, languages, literature and social sciences, and our global focus helps them tackle broader challenges beyond the textbook.