Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Marrying a french citizen living in the UK as a US citizen

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by sciackitano, Jan 15, 2015.

1. sciackitano

sciackitano New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    Italian, English
    Hello,

I have a rather complicated situation and upon doing copious amounts of research, I am finding no solutions.

I am a US citizen who has been playing the visa game of going to and from the UK for the last 2 years on Short Stay visas. After my first visit, i fell in love with a French man whom lives and works here. Looking at all of the options, it seems impossible for me to remain here in limbo. We have discussed marriage and decided this is something that we would have done inevitably, but now that I am actually in the UK, it seems as though we cannot just go and get married. If i am reading all things correctly, we could get married if I were to leave and apply for a Fiance Visa, and then get married here? Or he could come to the US and we could get married there while he is on a tourist visa and then he would return to London and I would come after we have applied for a marraige visa?

I would love to stay in London and live the way that we are living, but I need a job and cannot legally work on my current visa.

HELP. I'm at wits end and running out of money.

Thank you