Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Marriage in the USA?

Discussion in 'USA' started by Keith, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Keith

Keith Member

Hey there.. :)

I am currently living in England and am now thinking of marrying my American fiance in her country, (my finace is currently living in the USA) if we did marry eachother in the USA, would that marriage be legal in the UK?.. and would that entitle my (future) wife to immdiate access to live with me here in England?..

What would we need to do in order to marry eachother in the USA?..

if anyone can help, it would be real nice to be told what to do!..

cheerz.. ;)

2. Beckyboo

Beckyboo Member

City:
    London

3. polskasweetie

polskasweetie Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English, Tagalog, bit of Polish
    Fiance / fiancee visas are usually embroiled in red tape. The other legal option is to go to the US on your 90 day visa waiver and get married in her local county. Wherever she lives there is a local county office you can register for civil marriages and the paperwork is very minimal. This is by far the easiest way.

Word of caution though: when you arrive in the US, don't tell the immigration officer you plan to get married nor you having a fiance in the US, they will outry deny entry as they will suspect you of wanting to stay there. Just go the usual route by saying you're there to visit friends and have a vacation.

4. Polenta

Polenta New Member

I went down this route but encountered an odd complication. My fiancee's local county office are asking me to produce an Indiana ID card. Not an easy thing for a foreigner to get. Wondered if anyone had come accross this? The requirements seem to vary between the different counties.

5. adri101

adri101 New Member

GO TO A DIFFERENT COUNTY OR STATE

rules change from state to state, my advice would be go to a neighbor state or county, call their local " city hall " before applying, make sure they wont ask you for the state id, i married with my passport as my only form of identification, so as other 3 girls I know. good luck

6. aylen

aylen New Member

Marriages can be done differently,but according to the law if marriages are done, is there any rule that in foreign countries that there is no allowance for the certificate that was given in that country.

============================
    aylen
    www.orkut.com

7. seandalton

seandalton New Member

USA State Maps at Mapsofworld.com sketch the geograhic features and political boundaries of all 50 statesof US while plotting the capital and other major cities of each of these states.
    =============================
    seandalton

foreclosures

8. EdwinsJoseph

EdwinsJoseph New Member

Divorce

Hi,Any body divorced here? Do you hate your ex-wife or ex-husband? Why? (I have to decide after your reasonable reply)