Forum Belgium

Forum of expats in Belgium: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for advice as for moving to Belgium

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Tasha5, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Tasha5

Tasha5 New Member

City:
    Киев
    Living In:
    Ukraine
    Nationality:
    Ukrainian (UA)
    Languages:
    Русский, украинский, английский, базовый немецкий
    Hi,

My name is Tasha. I come from Ukraine and live in Kiev. My husband is a Belgian citizen but since February 2012 is staying with me in Kiev (temporary stay permit). Soon we are moving to Brussels or Antwerpen and currently are busy doing all necessary arrangements and papers. The worst perspective is a separation for few months until all formalities about job for my husband and an appartment lease contract as well as my visa issue have been settled. In reference to the official information from immigration department it may take up to 6-8 months before I am allowed to enter the country based on our family reunion.
    We would be grateful to get some good advice from people who also have an international marriage and who have gone through the same way of necessary formalities to migrate to Belgium. If you have some useful information that could help us to move TOGETHER at the same time, please share it. We are aslo interested to know what area is better to rent an appartment (in terms of safety and a nice area to live in), and also take interest in legal job offers. It would be nice to meet some expats and new people in Belgium. Planning our visit to Belgium in January. Kind regards, Tasha

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello Tasha-
    What an exciting move! I would recommend starting with the Guide to Brussels which offers complete expat info on moving to Belgium like renting, visas, transportation, jobs, and entertainment.

To get the story from other expats in the area, check out expat blogs in Belgium. You can also contact expats directly through the network once you've made a few posts (to prevent spam).

Hope that helps! Anyone in Belgium have tips?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tasha5

Tasha5 New Member

City:
    Киев
    Living In:
    Ukraine
    Nationality:
    Ukrainian (UA)
    Languages:
    Русский, украинский, английский, базовый немецкий
    Thank you for your reply and advice. I am also trying to find interesting and nice people for communication and possible get-together in future :) In January we are flying to Brussels.