Forum Austria

Forum of expats in Austria: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for a flat in Wien

Discussion in 'Austria' started by Stupmy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Stupmy

Stupmy New Member

City:
    Vienna
    Living In:
    Austria
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English (mother tongue), French (reasonable)
    Hi,
    I arrived with my family early September and I have been unlucky in finding a flat.
    At first we searched for provisionfrei apartment but the flats were really not good.
    We looked also to flats with maklers after contacting them through the common accomodation website, but we had the impression to visit only flats that were already refused by other (illogical layout, bad area, difficult to reach).
    We're searching for a 3 rooms flat (or bigger) with 2 proper bedrooms (and not a bedroom + a kabinet) for maximum 1000 euros/month.
    Would you have any advice on how to find a flat in Vienna (provisionfrei or the names of good maklers) and good areas to live in?
    Many thanks in advance

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had locating an acceptable flat. i know how frustrating that can be. I would recommend starting with the Guide to Vienna, including sections on renting in Wien.

If these methods don't prove fruitful, you may try reaching out to expats in the city through the network (available once you have made several posts) or through expat blogs in Austria. I'm sure many of them have encountered similar issues.

Anyone else have tips of experience to share?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...