Forum Greece

Forum of expats in Greece: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for a builder who uses damp course in west crete

Discussion in 'Greece' started by jill, Jul 6, 2008.

1. jill

jill New Member

I wonder if you can help. Like many i have heard the horror stories about builders. I am looking for a builder who uses damp course, as i friend of mine had a house build in crete and has had nothing but problems with damp in the house.Is there such a thing in crete ? If you know anyone. let me know .

Thanks
    Jill

2. BritinGreece

BritinGreece New Member

Hi Jill,
    Contrary to what one might expect in a warm country, there are many problems with dampness in homes and not just old houses, so you are right to address the problem before you consider buying a property. Whilst searching for property in Crete, my husband was introduced to a company in Chania that had a good reputation for building in the area and we asked about insulation as we thought this was important to be included. We then found out that the company also included a damp proof course in their builds. They showed us which insulation materials they use and also informed us that they install underfloor heating - the most economical and also the healthiest type of central heating. You should arrange an appointment with their engineer and discuss your needs. The company is called Euroland and their website is [www.euroland-crete-homes.com ]. Our home was built to schedule and we moved in at the end of the summer season last year. We are very happy with our new home and would definitely recommend Euroland.[/url]