Forum Portugal

Forum of expats in Portugal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Life in Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by EasyExpat, Mar 18, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

You are living in Portugal, or you used to live in Portugal. How did you decide to move to Portugal?

Help the community and share your experience as an expatriate in Portugal. :idea:

Was it a difficult move? Was it complicated to find a job in Portugal? To find an accommodation in Portugal?

Did you have some visa/immigration issue to go to Portugal? Or maybe everything was organised by your company for professional move?

:arrow: You can share here the different steps of your move in Portugal. What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Portugal?

Thanks in advance for sharing and giving advice. :cool:

2. Samantha Milner

Samantha Milner New Member

Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    i remember the hard work of moving to portugal, not knowing anyone. I have been here 5 years now and i love it . So i have built a web site with people like this in mind, i want to help people avoid the pitfalls i had and make friends, i hope this helps everyone it can.

Best regards sam
    http://www.livinginthesun.info/portugal

3. omostra06

omostra06 New Member

City:
    Derek is in Tomar, central Portugal
    Already over 50,000 Britons live in Portugal full-time, however the majority of those are based on the Algarve. Although the thought of living in a different country can be daunting, we hope here at gekkoportugal.com to provide you with all the information you will need to make that step.

Adapting to the way of life in Central Portugal may take some time. Away from the big cities, life is slower paced than that of Britain. You may find things, such as paperwork, take longer to achieve when dealing with authorities. However the people are friendly and welcoming and have time to stand and chat to you.

read more
    http://www.gekkoportugal.com/living%20in%20portugal.htm