Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Its urgent plz read EEA2

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by punjab000, Jul 16, 2008.

1. punjab000

punjab000 Member

City:
    Poland
    hi too everyone

i am living in uk and i want to apply to eea 2 and my eea family permit is still more 4 months so how many months its need to apply and for this its need any solictor or its not hard to apply and what documents need for this can somone help me in this please.

waiting for somone who will help

Thanking you
    punjab

2. Plum70

Plum70 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    1. You can apply now if you wish.
    2. There's no need for a solicitor, the form is quite straight forward.
    3. See here http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euciti ... uropeanlaw for guidance on applying (you can download the EEA2 application form from the right of the bia page).

Hope this helps

3. 86ti

86ti Active Member

This forum and others are full with similar questions. Try to read throught them. It's worth it!

The validness of your EEA family permit doesn't matter --- in principle. Your right to be in the UK derives solely from your relationship with your EEA partner. However, in practice you will need some documentation in your passport stating that fact, e.g. if you want to travel, find work, open bank accounts, etc. (read the related threads).

Processing times for the residence card at the moment seem to be around 6 months although some people are waiting longer, and sometimes much longer.

Hiring a solicitor is probably a waste of money. You'll find references to the documents you need on the EEA2 application form. Some people recommend not include the passport right away but wait until Home Office explicitly asks for it. Just write a cover letter stating this fact and include a copy of the relevant pages only.