Forum Hong Kong

Forum of expats in Hong Kong: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Internet Access

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by AmyCO, May 22, 2012.

1. AmyCO

AmyCO New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English and Chinese
    Does anyone know where I can get stable and fast internet access? I'm from the UK and i'm going to stay in Hong Kong for a while, and I'll need to do some work stuff so I must make sure I have a trusted source of internet access. I will need it a few days a week, but not for a long time each day.
    Please if anyone can help me out on this, thanks!!

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SteveBn

SteveBn New Member

City:
    Australia
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, French and some Swedish
    You can try business centres in Hong Kong, I think they provide walk in service for people that want to access the internet.

I've had a few friends that visited me a while ago from the States, and they were looking for a place for internet access to work. So we found a business centre by the name Compass Offices, and they actually provide pretty good service. You can walk in or call to see if they have spots and they give you your own little working station with free coffee and tea.

It's a pretty neat place, I think they have different centres. The one my friends went to was in Central, I think the name of the place was world wide plaza or something.

4. officesdb

officesdb New Member

City:
    Hong Kong
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    Hong Kongese (HK)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Steve, if you are looking for the serviced office option, I would introduce you take a look for the Global Serviced Offices Directory http://www.OfficesDB.com. Is free and hope can help you find the office suites easier. Cheers