Forum Taiwan

Forum of expats in Taiwan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice How to find a job in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Taiwan' started by EasyExpat, Mar 19, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

If you live in Taiwan or are planning to move and made already some research you can help in sharing your experience.

What is the best way to find a job in Taiwan? Is it better to go there on holiday and search? Do you register on some website? Do you use recruitment agencies in Taiwan?

You can help and share information on:
    :arrow: Useful websites to find a job in Taiwan.
    :arrow: Do you use newspaper? Online information sites?
    :arrow: Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?
    :arrow: Other ways/advice for getting a job?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with the community :)

2. English_guy

English_guy New Member

City:
    Taipei
    Living In:
    Taiwan
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

You could try http://www.taiwandeal.com It's a free classifieds website for English speakers in Taiwan with jobs, apartments and other categories.

Hope this helps.

:)

3. hollieluselips

hollieluselips New Member

City:
    Taichung
    Living In:
    Taiwan
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Taiwan can be a difficult place to find enough work to live. The locals are generally oppressed by the employers, and the government functions under constant threat by its populace that it will recognize the Chinese Government as legitimate. Basically, people in Taiwan are super spoiled and super stupid. I have worked at two cram schools in the 4 years that I have been here. They are really a joke. It is a glorified babysitting service with foreign monkeys. Most of the foreigners are from South Africa and French speakers. This can be cool, but it is lonely if you want to befriend people. I have found that the region generally hates Americans and Brits. I am Canadian, so I am loved. I do not really know why because I do not teach at all. Basically, I just sit around and watch kids misbehave. The whole process is really a big joke. We do not want any of these people in Canada anyways, so I do not know why they bother to study English. Before, I worked at Giraffe. I quit after the owner sexually harassed me and continued to follow me around Taipei inappropriately. Now, I am working for a chain called American Eagle in southern Taiwan. The owner is cool with me being lesbian. My partner is a co-teacher for another class, and he knows about it. Overall, the kids are really stupid, but this is island wide. I really cannot take any of it seriously because the pay is really low, and most of the staff are high school drop outs. This does make it easier to buy marijuana and other drugs for the weekends.