Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Help needed with my Fiancee visa

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by acealfie, Feb 6, 2008.

1. acealfie

acealfie New Member

Hi there I'm new at this but all you guys seem to give great advice any help is greatly appreciated
    I have just got engaged to my girlfriend.I am a British citizen and my Fiancee is a Canadian,I have been living in Canada for the last 5 months just on my passport and not working.
    We have been together for a year and a half ,and now I would like to go back to the UK and take her with me on a fiancee visa to get married.

I have accommodation in the way of a house my father owns and is willing to rent me cheaply.
    I work as a Photographer and have a contract of work starting a week after I get back,I also have pre arranged freelance work.

Last year she applied to the UK on a working holiday maker but was denied as they though she was going to stay indefinitely.
    She was also refused entry at the airport when she came to visit me on the same grounds.
    I have a couple of question that any help on would be great

1.Will her refusal make it hard or have any impact on her getting a fiancee visa.

2.As i have been living on my savings for 5 months I have about 500 pounds left in my savings account how much if any savings do I need.

3.Would it be best for me to go home first and show that I am working and have accommodation or will a letter of offer for the contract of work and a contract for accommodation be enough

Thanks for any help
    Alfie