Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Help! Applying for Permanent residence for Non-EEA family

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by paddingtonbear, Jun 12, 2009.

1. paddingtonbear

paddingtonbear New Member

Hello everyone,

I am wondering how could I gain permanent residence from current EEA family permit and would be really grateful if you could spare your experience or information!

I am a Non-EEA national has been married to a EEA national for 3 and half years and gained EEA family permit on Sep 2007 which expires on Sep 2012.

I also have a record of paying tax for an year although it was part -time work.

I recently read the information about permanent residence and found out that if my husband gains UK citizenship now, then I do not have to wait till 2012,but could apply for permanent residence now.

I have alomost finished my degree and have guite big troubles to find a job due to my visa status and realise that if I have permanent permit then things would be a lot easier for my job hunting.

However, I am lost about how to proceed applications about my husband's UK citizenship & my permanent residence and would like to know required documents and feasibility of my plan.

Plus (sorry just one more question >.< )

Do you think it would be worthwhile to proceed the applications through
    a solicitor or is it manageable to do things by us who know nothing about
    Law & Immigrations.

Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate it and
    I look forwarding having your advice!

Bear from Paddington .