Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Have anyone applied for EEA1,EEA2 in August 2010

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by wisoansah, Sep 8, 2010.

1. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    have anyone made any eea application in august 2010?let us know the progress or the processing time to track ours or at least know whats going on please

2. ubuntu

ubuntu Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Emirati Arab (AE)
    Languages:
    english
    we did , we sent the applications late july and they recieved it early august .

we just got our confirmation letter less than a week ago

3. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    thanks ubuntu for the update.i just got my confirmation letter today,hope we r nt going to wait for long for our passpports

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Zimbabwean (ZW)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,
    I also applied early August and received my COA after 3 weeks, but it doesn't say that I'm allowed to work.
    I'm just waiting patiently at the moment hoping something will happen sooner. Does your COA say you can work?

5. mercie

mercie New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    My application was received mid August - EEA1 & EEA2. Within the month I received my COA. My COA didn't say anything about allowed to work either, just that they had my passport and application. When I phoned I was told that I am allowed to continue working providing the visa I was/am on when I applied for EAA2 allowed me to work - life just continues on while they assess my application. But by going by other posts apparently it depends on who you get on the phone what your answer is.

Keep me updated on when you receive your visa too, I would like a guidline. Fingers & toes for all that they come promptly.

6. ubuntu

ubuntu Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Emirati Arab (AE)
    Languages:
    english
    for me it did say in the first paragraph " ... you/your client are free to live and work in the united kingdom " .. then there was a note for employers basically stating that as long as they check the case ID with the home office they have no problem employing me .

7. pippa100

pippa100 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english spanish french
    Here is our time line on EEA2 application just to give people an idea.

Nov 2009 EEA1 issued in Embassy in Madrid
    13 Nov 2009 enter UK
    3 Dec 2009 send off application for EEA2 - requesting passports back to allow us to travel in the meantime.
    March 12 2010 - receive urgent request for further confirmation that I am exercisinf my treaty rights on the UK and further proof we live together whilst residing in Spain.
    1 April 2010 - return passports and all necessary documentation to UKBA.
    13 May 2010 - EEA1 vis in my passport expires
    31 Aug 2010 - having heard nothing from the UKBA since April we send additional documents to inform them of our new jobs and contracts etc. as extra support for our application.
    13 Sept 2010 - email official complaint form to the UKBA and also contact my MP to get them to follow up matters stating the illegalilty of time delay having now taken 9 months!
    21 Sept 2010- receive letter in post dated 16 Sep 2010 apologising for delay informing me the case has been concluded and my documents will be returned to me.
    22 Sept 2010 - documents returned to me. But they indavertantly forgot to return my passport and have instead issued the residence document on a piece of A4 paper ( WTF?? are these people muppets?)
    22 Sep 2010 - return the residence document and request they place it in my passport and return my passport to me prpmptly.
    ...... awaiting return of passport sigh!

so all in all nigh on ten months to get the EEA2 processed and even then the didnt get it right.

My advice is to right and complain to UKBA and also contact your MP as soon as the 6 month waiting period has been passed. Hopefully they wont mislay your passport and issue your residence documents on a pieve of A4 paper.

8. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    thanx for all the updates,am still waiting.i phoned the HO last week and the person on phone was very nice,he said it is yet to be allocated to a caseworker. the issue is,i have applied to a college which started on the 6th september and they need my passport before enroling me so i have wrote to the HO attaching all the enrolment forms from the college to them,if they could do something extra ordinary,fingers cross.do you think they will?

9. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    Hawkeye, my COA states i can work,so i have booked an appointment for my national insurance number.lets pray and hope something good happens very soon.stay in tourch

10. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    mercie, are married or unmarried partner? if unmarried,it doesnt state that you can work but if married it allows you to work.lets keep in tourch to each other on the forum.take care

11. pippa100

pippa100 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english spanish french
    wisoansah

If you already have your COA ,you can ring them and ask to have your passport returned and they will do this, it wont delay your application too much and it will allow you to enroll in college. You should do this. They will request you return the passport to them when they are ready for it again.

12. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    thanx a lot pippa100,i called them today and they promise returning it soon,i cant wait to start college mate.

13. ubuntu

ubuntu Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Emirati Arab (AE)
    Languages:
    english
    i tried to do so but they told me " you can't book an appointment before you get your original passport back " ... why does it seem that there are no rules and that it really just depends on their mood if they would let you do it or not ?

14. pippa100

pippa100 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english spanish french
    Ring and request for your passport back, they will send it to you, then you can make the appointment. As I said before in an earlier post, this will not delay your application they will then get in contact with you when they are ready to give you your residence documents requesting that you return the passport back to them.

15. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    ring this number 08456000643 and tell them u caling to book an appointment for a NI number,they will tell u things to bring for the interview including your passport so u tell them your passport is in the HO bt u have a letter from the HO,an appoitment will be booked for u straight away

16. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    does someone know what will happen to my application if my wife request her ID card now that application is yet to be allocated to a caseworker

17. ubuntu

ubuntu Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Emirati Arab (AE)
    Languages:
    english
    that's exactly what i did , and an extremely rude lady who was treating me like a retard kept saying " get your passport back first and calls us back " for like 100 times .. i think i just need to call again and hope that someone more helpful will handle my call .

18. estellegb

estellegb Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    french, english
    it is true though... we called for an appointment last week and got it today.. the guy on the phone told us the CoA was enough... But the interviewer today said they needed the original passport and a valid visa ... they did the interview anyway but the chances of getting NI number are very slim... he also told us that the appointment r given by a call centre and they dont know it all...
    Feel free to go for appointment and see what they say... good luck

19. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    i have been to the interview monday the 4th october for the NI number with my COA,i have been giving a reciept which says i should recieve my number on letter form soon and then the card about 4 weeks so am waiting on that,COA's are eligible for taking a NI number so try phoning them again

20. estellegb

estellegb Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    french, english
    my husband also got the interview yesterday and showed the CoA but the guy said it would be a pb if no passport... He was also given a letter and told to wait 2 to 3 wks but possibly less... but he said that they might still refuse... the CoA does not say "allowed to work" ( we requested a new one after HO asked for my passport again ) so maybe this is why...
    But i guess it depends who deals with ur papers!