Forum London

Forum of expats in London: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Going out and meeting people in London

Discussion in 'London' started by texkourgan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

Are there any places that you can recommend to meet other expatriates in London?

You might already have some experience of life around there; can you give any advice for newcomers who want to meet people to go out and discover London? Are there clubs, groups, or places that are helpful in meeting new people?

Thanks in advance for you tips and for sharing your experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hi y'all! I am actually in town for the weekend and as this is my 3rd trip to London, I am far from having seen it all but am looking for some unusual suggestions for what to do in the city.

I see there are many Halloween-themed events as the holiday is upcoming - anyone have a recommendation? I see deals for jack the ripper tour (there are 2?!) - is one better than the other? I also see an ad for Phobophobia. How scary is that (my husband is kinda a wuss).

He is also a comedy nerd. Anyone have recommendations for comedy? I saw a deal for Opal Nightclub & The Comedy Biscuit. Anyone been? Good? Bad? Dodgy?

Thanks for any help I can get! Feel free to add links to relevant blog posts. I love hearing what the bloggers have to say and where are their favorites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...