Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Found an excellent weekend getaway near Bombay - The Machan

Discussion in 'Travel' started by esquirrel, Sep 7, 2009.

1. esquirrel

esquirrel New Member

Hey,

It's my first post here and I thought I'd start off by touching upon something thats bothered me ever since I moved to Bombay. A lack of true

weekend activities or just pure getaways from the city. Don't get me wrong I've done the circuit of bars and clubs but, after doing them 6 weeks

in a row I needed something different. Beyond the bars I'd hit the movies but, could not find much else to do on a regular basis.

Since I moved from NJ I've been craving to do something outdoors but, as awesome as mumbai is it certainly has its limitations as well. That's

when I found this place though an ad on google called The Machan. It came up when I was looking for getaways near mumbai.This place is a Tree

House in the middle of a forest. Just check out the website if you don't believe me :D !

I must tell you guys that I had an awesome time in what would be perhaps the most unique structure I have ever lived in. This place is a family

vacation home convert that I ended up visiting with my brother and some friends and we had an amazing time. Took us about 2 hrs to get there and

we spent the weekend out in the woods just surrounded by nature. Didn't know that something this beautiful lay just around the corner. It was

green and the owners had put in 5 km of trekking paths through the entire 25 acre property. The tree house was magnificent, the service was great

and I really enjoyed getting out of mumbai and enjoying some fresh air.

Mind you this place isn't run like a commercial five star but, you could have had me fooled. We had all the creature comforts one could want

without taking away from the fact that we were in the forest surrounded & above the trees!!

I highly recommend checking this place out if you need some time away from mumbai even if you can just spare a day. The site is

http://www,themachan.com. I def will be visiting again and would appreciate it if any of you can let me know if we have more escapes like this

around mumbai.

Hope you have a blast if you chose to visit. Do keep me in the loop as well.