Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Fellow intelligent easyexpat community PLEASE read!!

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by ray247, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ray247

ray247 Member

City:
    london
    I mentioned earlier in this forum that some BARMY woman from HO Liverpool office requested for my ex-wife's passport or id card in support of my application for retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5)(d)(i) of Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulation 2006. which was of course irrelevant because my ex-wife's nationanity has already been established when I made the innitial application for Residence card 5 years ago. After replying her that most of what she requested from me was irrelevant, few days later I had a rethink expectially now that Liverpool Office handles almost all EEA and family member applications which obviously they are struggling to understand the Council Directive 2004/38/EC. I decided to approach my ex-wife, took her out for a slap up meal and pleaded with her to give me her ID card. After much begging, she gave in and gave me her id card. Sent it directly to the caseworker with further representations.Two weeks on, my ex needs id card to travel- called HO, to request for the return of my ex id card, the PRAT on the phone said " You can't request the return of your ex-wife id card, it is only she that can request we send it back" WHAT! :evil: I said to her politely " But it is not she that sent it,is she?" she refused to see sense and I demanded to be tranfered to a supervisor-He was even worse than I anticipated. He went "How are we sure is you and not your ex that actually put the id card in the post" WHAT! :evil: Called my ex told her what the BARMY HO says, she said she hasn't got any business with HO because she handed the id card to me and not to HO which obviously she is got a point. The dilema is although I have got the contact details of my unintelligent caseworker, but she might decide to say something like "oi tell your ex to bell me" :lol: I would like to know your take on this matter. Drop a line even though you have never written on this forum before :!:

2. ray247

ray247 Member

City:
    london
    Hi all finally got my ex ID Card back after writing to the caseworker and it 10 working days to arrive. 8)