Forum Hong Kong

Community of expats Hong Kong: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

Stay connected

✎ EN Expat Life Insurance - who has the best quotes?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by AlexBolton, Jul 30, 2015.

1. AlexBolton

AlexBolton New Member

City:
    Shek O
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello :D

I have been searching for an expat life insurance company ever since I moved to Hong Kong. This is because of the fact that my current bank back in England isn't exactly giving me the fairest of deals now that I have made the commitment to move out of the country. Essentially they are charging me far too much money for the same service I had before purely for the fact that I am now living somewhere else and supposedly this changes the rules. This does make sense to an extent but I am still nonetheless looking to pick up a different quote with an expat company as I have heard that they are a lot more understanding of these sorts of situations and therefore are likely to give me a much better idea of what I am looking for.

I have had a browse around several sites that seem to be decently credible and have reasonable deals, and the best one I have found so far is expatlifeinsurer.com. They have a really fresh looking site and a fast response time to quotes, which a lot of the others didn't have as their systems seemed a little sluggish.

The first thing I want to know is if anyone has used expatlifeinsurer.com before and what they thought of the service, quotes, value for money and such so that I can have a less biased opinion about them from my research. Secondly, if anyone has any other suggestions about good life insurers you should definitely let me know so I can take a look at them too.

Thanks a lot for your help guys! :)

2. OwenHK

OwenHK New Member

Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Hey Alex,

Probably a bit late but did you find a good company to use? I've been looking for a quote as well - best I've found so far is through https://william-russell.com.hk/ but was wondering if you could recommend any others?

Thanks,

Owen

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Moderator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages: