Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA2: Comprehensive health insurance with emergency care???

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by VLong, Aug 26, 2009.

1. VLong

VLong New Member

Hello,

We applied as a "self-sufficient person" for a residence card in May 2008. After a long wait, the Home Office asked for our passports, marriage certificate and proof of a fully comprehensive health insurance. They said this insurance must include emergency care, as general health care plans are not sufficient.

However, several insurers and health brokers told us that there is actually no such private health insurance available in the UK--all private medical insurance basically still assumes a degree of NHS coverage, for the GP,
    long-term illnesses, pre-existing conditions, and emergency care.

So basically it's impossible to give them what they want.

We did purchase a fully comprehensive health insurance with Aviva and sent this to the Home Office.

Can they reject our application because our current health insurance does not cover emergency care??????

We are extremeley frustrated.

Please help!
    VLong

2. punjab000

punjab000 Member

City:
    Poland
    hi there

hi there
    The HO can be accepet the Aviva comprehensive health insurance and one thing more some couple even send the NHS medical card and they accpet as well so i dnt thing will be any problem and soon you will get your residence card.

BEST OF LUCK
    :)

3. rahul7

rahul7 New Member

4. gavelect

gavelect Member

City:
    Europe
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    I had the same problem. I went and took out expatriate health insurance with AXA PPP Healthcare and then found out that an NHS card would have been fine :oops: I was a little angry I did not look into this a little more but I suppose I feel better in knowing that I have the International health insurance now. It was not something I gave much thought of before coming out.

5. DYNA

DYNA New Member

City:
    New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Re:

A benefit is a health care service or supply that is paid for in part or in full by medicare. There are substantial uncovered costs that a supplemental policy can help with.
    It is important for you to understand that medicare does not cover everything, and it does not pay the total cost for most services or supplies that are covered.
    Medicare part b also provide travel coverage to their members in some special cases upto some limitation the details of which will provide at the time of enrollment.

Http://medicarenewsline.com/