Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA Family visa- Do I need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by madkimchi, Mar 31, 2014.

1. madkimchi

madkimchi New Member

City:
    Dundee
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Cypriot (CY)
    Languages:
    English, Greek
    Hello,

My wife and I are working on gathering all the necessary documents so that she can apply for her EEA family visa. We have most of the documents already but I have a concern regarding my health insurance.

I am an EU national who has been in the UK for around 9 months. I worked full time for 6 months for a UK based company where I was covered by NHS. For the past 2 months I have been working on a contract (which will last up to 6 months) with a company in the US, while looking for full time employment again. Note: I have been working on this contract while being in the UK (Software Developmment)

My question is: Do I need to purchase Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for working on this contract or will can NHS be considered satisfactory?

Thanks!