Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Eea-family Permit - How to Apply!?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by ammbb, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ammbb

ammbb Member

Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Urdu
    Hello,

I am a german national living in Germany and going to marry my fiance in Pakistan.
    Please can someone help me with the application for EEA-Family permit for my husband?
    Does anyone know how to apply, where to get the form from, what to include, anything which needs to be considered etc?

Will be really thankful for your help.

Regards

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    EEA Family Permit can only be applied for after you are married or under the unmarried partner category if you have lived together for at least two years and can prove that.

Check the British High Commission in Islamabad website to see the options for applying.

You will need proof of your relationship along with the marriage certificate, that you both have enough money to support yourselves once in UK, that you will be exercising treaty rights and of course proper accomodation for both of you.

Good luck

3. ammbb

ammbb Member

Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Urdu
    Dear Yousaf,

We are going to marry and I will take the ready application with me and add the marriage certificate + photos once married.

I am the only one who has enough money.. enough for both, do you think this will be sufficient?

How should I proove that I will be exercising treaty rights? I do not have any job offer etc. and would like to care for that once moved to the UK.

And also regarding the accomondation we will search for a flat once in Manchester...

Do you have any advice how we should deal with these points regarding to the application?

Thanks,
    Regards

4. mickey08

mickey08 New Member

City:
    Singapore
    Living In:
    Singapore
    Nationality:
    Singaporean (SG)
    Languages:
    English
    hello everyone! im new in this forum.

i am planning to apply for an EEA family permit too. me and my EEA partner are outside the UK and we are planning to travel to UK together.

i would just like to know the requirements in order to secure such permit.

Also, will they require us to submit our original passports? i understand that i have to submit mine, but will they also require us to submit my partner's original passport?

furthermore, are the payslips of my partner required? the problem is that the company where she is working is not issuing payslips. is the employment certificate stating her monthly income issued by her employer enough?

I would appreciate your replies and comments. Thank you!

5. farouk1988

farouk1988 New Member

Living In:
    Algeria
    Nationality:
    Algerian (DZ)
    Languages:
    english, arabic, french, polski
    hello everybody,

i would be happy to share with you my issues regarding this topic, my name is farouk i am algerian nationality i got married in last july with my wife who is polsih nationality we know each other more than 2 years and half i was in uk but now i had to go back to my country because of some reasons but my wife has to go back to her country in order to fuinish her degree master it is her last year that's why i couldnt apply to the home office eventhough she worked with me for costa coffee and she's got payslips and national insurance number the question is what is the suitble solution for my case i would appreciate your help guys because i feel so bad that me in another continent and my wife in another one .Please if anybody 's got an answer let me know thank you in advance cheers;

best regards,

6. ladyjulian

ladyjulian Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    You'd need to join her in Poland, and then once she's finished her degree, return together to the UK.

Although when you say you had to go back for 'some reasons,' if that means you had problems with UKBA, be aware that they can ban you from the UK if you were deported or if they think you gave them false documents or anything!

7. farouk1988

farouk1988 New Member

Living In:
    Algeria
    Nationality:
    Algerian (DZ)
    Languages:
    english, arabic, french, polski
    Hello thank's ladyjulian for th reply no no i didnt have any problems with UKBA the main reason was that i didnt want to lie and say that she is with me and she isnt as she had to go back to finish her studies that's why i didnt want to take any risks for that otherwise i dont have any problem with the home office, and could you please tell me what do i need once i am in poland with her??
    I appreciate your help cheers!

8. ladyjulian

ladyjulian Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Brilliant! In that case you shouldn't have any problems - once you've joined her in Poland just make sure you keep things like utility bills, tenancy agreements and so on which show that you're living together. Once it's time to come back to the UK, you'll need to apply at the British Embassy in Poland for an EEA family permit so that you can accompany her back. With evidence that you've been married and living together it should be straightforward.