Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA Family Permit from within UK (Over 18)

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by dochon, Sep 18, 2016.

1. dochon

dochon New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Dominican Rep (DO)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, Portuguese, German
    Hi,

Recently I finished a MSc in the UK, and was lucky enough to find a job as a skilled worker (under Tier 2 Working Visa) after finishing it. I needed this kind of sponsorship since I am originally from a non-EU country. So far I've been living in the UK for about 1 year 11 months (almost 11 months coursing the MSc, and 1 year working).

It happens that my father is German. He is 84 years of age, and I am 28 years of age. As you might imagine, he is already retired from work. He in fact lives out of his pension income. I was wondering if there is any way I could get a EEA family permit provided that I am already in the UK working under a Tier 2 Scheme?

The main purpose of this is to have more opportunities as for example changing my current employer (if I decide to change I'd need to find again a sponsor, therefore working options are very limited).

I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.

Regards.