Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN <<<<< Documents for marriage >>>>>

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by fonal78, Dec 2, 2012.

1. fonal78

fonal78 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi everyone! I am italian and resident since 2005 in the Uk. My girlfriend is Macedonian and lives in Macedonia. We would like to get married now after 1 year and half of long distance relationship. Does anyone know what documents do we need?Where should we get married(Italy or Macedonia?assuming that is impossible to get married in Uk...)
    And is it better to talk to Italian embassy or my council in Italy(i am also resident in Italy).
    Thank you

2. GaelleS

GaelleS Member

City:
    Brighton
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French, English
    HI,

Well, I guess you can get married anywhere you wish, a wedding certificate wherever it's from is an official document recognised by the UKBA as long as it is translated in English.
    In regards to the documents you need to ask the registry office of the place you wish to get married as it's different in every country...

Hope this helped!