Forum Copenhagen

Forum of expats in Copenhagen: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Considering moving to Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Copenhagen' started by LiRod, Jan 20, 2013.

1. LiRod

LiRod New Member

Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    Portuguese,English,French
    Hello everybody!

I'm a young Portuguese female,my boyfriend is Danish and it's really hard to be a long time without being with each other.So,as I'm currently ending my contract as a substitute teacher in University and because Portugal is under a crisis(luckily not yet so big as in Greece or Spain but it's really hard to get a job),we've been thinking about me moving to Copenhagen.

Unfortunately,I don't have much work experience but I have a Bachelor in a course it's related with animal production.

My concerns are:1-Would it be sufficient to speak English to get a not qualified job like waitress or something like that?
    2-How hard it is for a foreigner to find a job?
    3-Would be easier to apply for job offers online being in Denmark and using a Danish address?

Sincerily hoping for genuine opinions.

Regards from Portugal

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Most of the people speak English in Copenhagen, this is trully international. However it might be more difficult to get a job as a waiter as some will speak to you in Danish (hey, this is their country! ;-) ) but they must recruit non customer facing too.
    The best thing is to go there as a tourist and have a look before to decide for a move.

Also don't forget to read our guide for expatriation in Copenhagen where you will find plenty of tips.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...