Forum Uruguay

Forum of expats in Uruguay: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Company adress in Uruguay

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by ulisseodissei, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ulisseodissei

ulisseodissei New Member

Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Belgian (BE)
    Languages:
    English
    hello, I'm thinking about launch an IT SME in Uruguay. I'm studying the local legislation and there's an information I couldn't find in official Uruguayan websites: can the company have a residence (a registered address) elsewhere than in an office / apartment I have to pay for?
    In Europe and I guess in US too, there are companies offering this kind of service, kind of virtual office where you keep doc of the company, receive mails etc. After a period in Uruguay, I will probably move to other countries to develop my business, and considering the high rates of real estate (both buy and rent), I rather to avoid expenses and find a more affordable solution. Anyone have a clue or, even better, a direct experience to share? Thank you very much!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    So, if I understand correctly, you would like to have a post-box or virtual office for your company in Uruguay, in order for you to be able to operate even when not in the country.
    You can search on Virtual Office Uruguay on the Internet and you will find companies running this kind of service in Montevideo.

However I remind you that using a virtual address might limit the possibilities of business, depending the sector where you trade in (fine with web services for example, more difficult with brick and mortar...).

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ulisseodissei

ulisseodissei New Member

Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Belgian (BE)
    Languages:
    English
    thank you very much, I will do it!