Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Change name ILR BRP to match renewed USA passport surname

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by move2UK, Mar 1, 2017.

1. move2UK

move2UK Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi all! :D
    It has been a long time since I have been on this forum. I need to verify which form/application I need to use to change my surname on my ILR BRP card. I was under the old immigration rules and have ILR since September 2013 based on marriage to a settled person in the UK. I recently renewed my USA expired passport into my current married surname and if I am correct, I have three months to change name on the card to match passport. My ILR was issued in same surname as on passport although I married my UK citizen spouse in August 2011. I was told by PEO officer it was ok to have my ex married name on it even though I had married here two years prior as the surname has to match passport. I received my renewed passport back in mid February this year so have a bit of time. My dilemma is, which Government form do I use to change my name? I researched it and looks like I need to get a new BRP card. So expensive, £308, is this correct form/application to use? The Government website is so confusing and not straightforward. Please advise on the application I need. Thanks!!