Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Canadian to Marry German in UK - Help

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Kplakina, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Kplakina

Kplakina New Member

City:
    Moscow
    Living In:
    Russia
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, Russian
    Pls Help or consult/guide!

I have lived in London for the past 2 years under youth mobility - had to leave as per the visa regulation this June. Last year I met my husband to be, he is a German ( EU national) and is settled in London.

We want to get married in London next year - I have looked on Home Office website, if enter on fiance visa, I cant work for 6 months which sucks, if I enter only to get married, I have to leave. Can someone advise me on the best possible solution to this? We love each other and want to make it official, but I cannot sit at home for 6 months and not work....

Has anyone been through this?

Looking forward to hearing from you - any lawyers out there?

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,

Why don't you first renew your visa (need to find a job for a work via) and then get married. It wouldn't be a fiancée visa in that case. :?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...