Forum Canada

Forum of expats in Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Canadian study visa applicant with British Partner help

Discussion in 'Canada' started by catmando, Jan 16, 2010.

1. catmando

catmando New Member

Hello everyone,
    I am a UK citizen who has been dating a Canadian for 2 and a half years. She wants to come to the UK to study for an MA and then MSc. Although she chose her course entirely on its reputation (rather than to just be in the UK), we’re worried that immigration won’t see it that way, especially as she already has one MA. I’m worried this could be seen as deception, just to get her into the UK for me, and that it may cause problems because students are expected to leave after their study ends, and so having a British boyfriend will make them suspicious. Obviously we don’t want to be dishonest on the visa form, so as it asks for unmarried partner details she is going to give my information.
    There is also the problem that if we did decide to get married in the future (the entire two courses will be three years in total), again the immigration may see the time she spent as a student as deception and so cause us problems.
    Am I being paranoid? Any and all help would be gratefully received.
    Thanks,
    Armando.

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    I think yes, you are being paranoid. I don't see any problem at all in your situation. Just be honest on the forms. There is no reason the ECO should refuse visa to your partner as long as she meets the requirements of student visa.

Your relationship would be counted as a plus point rather than negative.

Good luck

3. catmando

catmando New Member

Hi!
    Thanks for that! Its good to have some reassurance!