Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Birth certificates and adoptions

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by gjene, Jul 29, 2019.

1. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    My grandmother lived in Lublin while her first husband still lived in Rusily. I am not sure where or when she met the person that eventually became her second husband. During this time (1942) my mother was born. I checked with the archives in Lublin under both last names to see if my mothers' birth was registered and I was told no such record could be found.
    Fast forward to 1950 to Muensingen, Germany. My grandmother got a divorce in September 1949 from her first husband and was remarried by November. Then they moved to Muensingen and in front of Jean Papillon, a P.D.R. agent for this area my grandparents request a birth certificate be issued for and on behalf of my mother. Part of my problem here is I do not know if my grandfather officially adopted my mother at the time my grandparents got married since there is no indication such paperwork can be found. When my grandparents found 2 people to act as witnesses.
    What I am wondering is if there might be supporting documents that my grandfather had to fill in prior to being issued the certificate for my mother. Such as did he admit to the fact he was the father or he was adopting my mother because of the marriage. If Jean Papillon kept any paperwork while he served as P.D.R. agent, would the archives from Muensingen have access to these files.