Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Are you gonna rent a car? Here's a good advice!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Guardian Angel, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Guardian Angel

City:
    Milano
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano, English
    Hi everybody!

If you have to rent a car I would surely recommend AutoEurope. I booked twice with this company and in the end it was the best choice I could do!
    I decided to book with a call to AutoEurope’s customer service (they were very kind and helpful) but if you want you can book through Internet. I paid by credit card and received a confirmation by e-mail, which I printed out and took with me. If you have any questions you'll find a phone number in the confirmation e-mail.
    I asked for an all-inclusive service (unlimited mileage, VAT, CDW, free cancellation and amendment policy, etc...). The only thing I had to pay extra was the fuel during my journey.
    The first time (on August 2006) I had a 5-day rental in Foggia (South of Italy), got the exact same rental which Europcar quoted me 300 € for through AutoEurope as an agent for just 172 € and also had a free upgrading (!).
    A month later I rented a car in Cyprus at Larnaca Airport: for a 9-day rental I paid 215 € instead of 400 €. In Cyprus when I got the car I was asked to pay an extra 45 € up front for fuel but I was clearly told I had to return the car with empty tank. :thumbsup:
    Just thought this could be a good advice for you all! If you tried or you're gonna try this company just let me know what you think of it.
    The website is: www.autoeurope.com
    Have a nice day and... Merry Christmas!!! :D :D :D

Tiziana ;)