Forum Open Bar

Forum of expats Open Bar: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Academic research about expats - participants needed!

Discussion in 'Open Bar' started by Reafinger, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Reafinger

Reafinger New Member

Living In:
    Brazil
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    Brazilian Portuguese, English.
    Hello!

My name is Renata, I am a Brazilian undergraduate student of Psychology, and I am assisting a master’s degree student about her research.

The subject of her research is about the new “global professionals”, identified as those professionals who seek change as the main challenge, therefore having no boundaries for their work. Such professionals inhabit different countries in the search of jobs that provides them their desired challenge, where they can live in diversity and use their acquired knowledge, since they are intellectualized, multilingual professionals and have been to different places and cultures.

Our aim is to investigate what are the practices and strategies of the Human Resources management that support the retention of those professionals in companies. Thus, at first we would like to map the profile of these professionals and reach an understanding about the motivational factors that leads them to moving to another country, and how this process occurs.

I am posting this message in this forum and other websites where we can find subjects available for an interview via Skype for our study, willing to participate on the research.

All results and links to academic papers will be available to those who participated as soon they are published.

The contact email address for those interested in being interviewed via Skype for the study is lauraredlich@hotmail.com. The subject of the message should be “expat research participant”. If one wishes to know more about the study, information can be requested via email.

Thank you!