Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN A couple with some questions...

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by Vladimir Marenus, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Vladimir Marenus

Vladimir Marenus New Member

City:
    Ohio, US
    Hello.

I am asking two questions- one on behalf of myself and the other on behalf of my girlfriend, Julie Sager. We are both seeking the opportunity to immigrate to Canada, to live and work there, and are unsure how to go about it.

My question-

I have received no official training past high school, and have worked in both retail and office positions since I was 16 (I am currently 21). Ideally, I would like to live, work, and attend college in Canada, my career goal is to become an RN / Nurse Anesthetist. The former requires a two year degree (in the US), and the latter requires both a four-year nursing degree, and a two-year supplemental degree in Anesthesiology. When I look at sites, I don't see an option for a 'normal' person to obtain a resident or work visa / permit. Can I still enter Canada and work?

Her question-

She is 28, has a Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW), and is a Licensed Social Worker (LSW), and is interested in coming to Canada as well. I believe she would qualify for a visa under the skilled worker program, is that correct? She was also wondering what the average salary for a Social Worker in Canada was, if you had that information available.

Thank you!

Dallas De Marr and Julie Sager