Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN A bunch of marriage/immigration questions for y'all

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by nashvillegirl, Jun 27, 2016.

1. nashvillegirl

nashvillegirl New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Czech (CZ)
    Languages:
    English, Czech, Spanish
    My girlfriend and I intend on getting married next year and plan on living together in USA after that. We've been together for two years, I'm a UK resident, Czech citizen and she's California born and bred. Would it be easier for us to get married in Europe and then for her to file in for Form l-130 petition for alien relative or if we did marry in the USA could I do that on my ESTA Visa Waiver Programme? Does anyone know how long the processing of this form normally takes? I assume I would have to stay in Europe for the time being. If the form was processed and I got to move in with my fiancee would she have to sponsor me during the first 3 years or would I be able to work myself?

Sorry for asking so many questions, it's all a little confusing! :oops:

I appreciate any help or links/websites you could point me to!

Thanks a lot