Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN 5 year uk residence application.

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by culdude2383, Jun 22, 2015.

1. culdude2383

culdude2383 Member

Living In:
    Slovakia
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Dear sir.
    I am in the UK with my wife, and I am looking to apply for the UK residence permit, some people told me that my wife has to work for three months before I can apply,some say I can work with my eea visa and I can apply with after a few weeks of working,I am working right now and I don't know and my wife can't really work right now because she has a two month old baby with her, please advice me on what I can do. Thanks.

2. chiao2

chiao2 Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Prior to what you said it was similar case I had, my best advise is allow your wife to work and you do the babysitting thats all I can say but about that 3 months that your wife have to work before you can apply I can't really say because what they need is that your sponsor which is an eea citizen have to be actively working by providing proofs work contract, payslips, bank statements that shows her salary on it and so on... I know it's compulsory your eea citizen have to do her treaty right in the UK also check the eea2 form to find out what else you can do or use to apply