Forum Peru

Community of expats Peru: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Study Abroad Assignment: Texas State University

Forum بيرو, Peru, Perú, Pérou, Περού, ペルー, Peru, Peru, Peru, Peru, Перу, 秘鲁, 秘魯: بيرو, Peru, Perú, Pérou, Περού, ペルー, Peru, Peru, Peru, Peru, Перу, 秘鲁, 秘魯

Study Abroad Assignment: Texas State University

Postby EmmaIlgen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:35 am

Hi there,

My name is Emma and I am a current graduate student studying Business Administration at Texas State University. This summer I am participating in a Study Abroad program where we learn about Cross Cultural Management and Business Law. In my Cross Cultural Management class, we have been assigned a task to get in touch with some Peruvian expatriates in order to get some great incite on the cultural differences between the United States and Peru. In a couple weeks, I will be traveling to Lima, Peru and would love if some of you could answer a few questions before I go. Thank you so much in advance for your time, I look forward to reading your responses.

Here are some questions I have composed:

1). What are some common misconceptions about cultural business practices in Peru?
2). What is your best piece of advice on how to present yourself to businesses as a US citizen to Peruvian businesses to avoid stepping on anyone's toes?
3). Are there any major cultural business practices in Peru that really stood out to you? If so, what was your favorite cultural business practice that differed from the United States?
4). What is the best way to dress for business in Peru?
5). Would you describe Peruvian business culture as individualistic or group oriented? How did Peruvian cultural business practices differ from those in the US?

If there is anything outside of my questions that you would like to add, I would greatly appreciate any incite you have to offer.

Thank you for your participation,
Emma

EmmaIlgen

Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Usa
Languages: English