Forum Romania

Forum of expats in Romania: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Starting and doing Business in Romania

Discussion in 'Romania' started by texkourgan, Jul 29, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello!

Have you contemplated doing business or are you a business owner in Romania?

Are foreign investors welcome? How hard is it to register and manage a company? What is the procedure to get started? Is it easy to recruit? What are the corporate tax rates in Romania?

What advice would you give to other prospective business owners? What do you wish you had known before opening a business in Romania?

Thank you very much for your participation! Your advice can help other members get started.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lemmy76

lemmy76 New Member

City:
    Tirana/Cluj-Napoca (hopefully)
    Living In:
    Albania
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English,Русский, Polski, Albanian
    Hi there,

I've been looking all over the Internet but to no avail.
    Since my partner has been recently encouraged to relocate to Romania for work at some IT company in Cluj-Napoca, I'm looking for some job opportunities there.
    I'm an English teacher by profession, so ideally I'd be looking for an offer in that field.

Now. A few questions.
    First up - is it possible for me as a foreigner to open an foreign languages school in Romania? (like this one http://speak-up.com/). Would I need any licence or anything of that sort? This is the reason why I'm posting the question in "Starting Business in Romania")
    Can anybody suggest any names of recognized language schools in Romania?
    Also. Is there any market for language teachers at all? Should I look for some other opportunity perhaps?