Forum Amsterdam

Forum of expats in Amsterdam: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN 30% ruling

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Remi75000, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Remi75000

Remi75000 New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    En/fr
    Hi All

I am currently considering accepting the offer made by company to relocate to Amsterdam however there is one point regrading tax that i would like to clarify.

I heard that most of the foreiners were offered the 30% ruling tax :
    http://www.expatax.nl/30rulingapplicati ... TJfAmt5mSM

I understand that basically with this Law, 30% of thé salary is tax free, however I would like to get clarification on the remaining 70%. How are they taxed?

For instance if we consider à salary of 50k€ per year for à single person with no kids, how much Will thé tax be?

Furthermore could somebody let me Know how the tax is paid? Is it taken directly from thé salary as in UK or Germany or are we paying taxes at thé end of thé year as in France?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
    Rémi

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Expatax have an interesting explanation of the requirements for the 30% tax free rule:
    Also note that the term of the proof scheme is a maximum of 8 years, starting on the first day of employment by the employer (for employees who were granted the 30% ruling before January 1, 2012 the term is maximum 10 years).
    If your total salary is €50,000 including the 30%, then your at at the minimum salary (as introduced in 2012) of €35,000 for expatriates.
    In order to calculate the tax on that part of your salary, you can refer to the article in our guide on Tax in the Netherlands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...