Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Re-entering Spain as a tourist after being here as a student

Discussion in 'Spain' started by salud, Apr 27, 2005.

1. salud

salud New Member

Hi everybody. I have a quick question... I have spent the last two years in Spain studying, legally. First I had a six month visa, and then an extranjero residency card. My card is expiring in June, and within two weeks of that date, I am back on a plane to the United States. I already asked at the local comiseria here, and they said this isn't a problem (over staying my residency card two weeks). However, I will be returning to Spain at the end of July, and marrying my Spanish boyfriend in September.

Long story long, my question is this... Does the 90 day re-entrance waiting period apply to me, even if I was in Spain legally? I figured it didn't since now I am here as a student, and later I will re-enter as a tourist. I also know it is technically not legal to enter without a return ticket, but I'm hoping they will understand why I have not yet purchased it.. as I am not positive as to if we will go back to the States together or if I will apply for my residency card through my marriage.

Thank you for any light you can shed....

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    As you were not staying in Spain all along with the same kind of visa, I do not think it is really a problem. However I strongly advise you to go to the Spanish consulate and ask advice, especially regarding your ticket, as you do not want to have any problem delaying your marriage for sure.