Forum Immigration UK


Fora i Immigration UK: stel u uw vragen en geeft u advies naar anderen.

  Zoeken in de website

  Richtlijnen Gebruiker  -  Help  -  Voorwaarden en Regels  -  Privacybeleid

✎ EN Self Sufficiency EEA2 dilemma

Discussie in 'Immigration UK' gestart door transmigrator33, 27 jan 2011.

  1. transmigrator33

    transmigrator33 New Member

    Lid geworden:
    18 jan 2011
    Berichten:
    3
    Leuk Bevonden:
    0
    Land:
    Verenigd Koninkrijk
    Nationaliteit:
    Indiaas (IN)
    Taal:
    english
    hi

    I am hoping someone could offer some advice on my situation:

    i am the non-eea national of an eea national. Recently I applied for EEA2 as my wife isnt working as she has to take care of our two kids. I put her as self sufficient through my income and in spite of having the comprehensive sickness insurance, I received a letter from Home Office today saying:

    The submitted documents are insufficient to establish that you have a right of residence under the 2006 regulations. Please note that this is not a formal determination under the status under the regulations. Please reapply once you have all documents to support the application

    They asked me to provide evidence of sufficient funds for my wife but in spite of submitting bank statements they still sent me this message in the letter. She is self sufficient on my income but I think they are looking for a healthy bank balance.

    Now I am thinking if I should ask her to look for a job and then apply under FMRS as she was already registered under WRS couple years back when she was working.

    Also I would be grateful that if someone could tell me if they had a similar situation and what was the outcome...can i still continue working as there is no mention of the same and my family permit has already expired. Should I seek advice from solicitors in this matter?

    Please someone advise. I would be extremely grateful...

    Thnx
     
  2. Yousafzai

    Yousafzai Addicted member

    Lid geworden:
    17 sep 2007
    Berichten:
    491
    Leuk Bevonden:
    0
    Geslacht:
    Man
    Stad:
    London
    Land:
    Verenigd Koninkrijk
    Nationaliteit:
    Pakistaans (PK)
    Taal:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Did they mention what kind of documents do they require ? ask them if no. Did you provide a cover letter mentioning that your wife is self-sufficient based on the fact that you are working and earn enough for both of you ? 'Healthy' bank balance is not a question here.

    Alternatively, if your wife had worked for one year for one employer under the WRS scheme, you can still apply for EEA2.

    You might want to get a solicitor involved if you can't clear things up soon.

    Good luck
     
  3. transmigrator33

    transmigrator33 New Member

    Lid geworden:
    18 jan 2011
    Berichten:
    3
    Leuk Bevonden:
    0
    Land:
    Verenigd Koninkrijk
    Nationaliteit:
    Indiaas (IN)
    Taal:
    english
    Hi Yousafzai

    Thank you so much for your reply.

    They say in the letter:

    To establish a right of residence, following additional evidence will be needed:
    Evidence of Exercising Treaty RIghts in UK (D):
    As your sponsor is self sufficient: Evidence that your sponsor holds sufficient funds (i.e. your six months bank statements) and evidence that your sponsor holds comprehensive sickness insurance for herself and accompanied family members.


    Now I did provide the bank statements and recently purchased comprehensive sickness cover in which my whole family is covered. But I think I perhaps didnt mention that clearly as you said in the cover letter as I am earning enough for the family and so on.

    My wife did work for an employer for a year but at that time the employer wasnt aware of registering her under the WRS scheme. In her second job however she worked for a few months when she was registered.

    Should I make a new cover letter and resend the same documents again or take up advice from a solicitor before reapplying.

    Also is my employment considered still legal even if the family permit has expired?

    I only sent the EEA2...should I send an EEA1 as well to accompany it with a letter from my wife as well.

    Please advise

    I really appreciate your effort in replying.

    Thank you.
     
Laden...
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen Forum Datum
✎ EN EEA2 and self-sufficiency Immigration UK 25 mei 2010
✎ EN Eea Family Permit and Self Sufficiency Immigration UK 11 mei 2010
✎ EN About Economic Self Sufficiency Immigration UK 3 jul 2006
✎ EN Please advise for EEA2 under self sufficient category ? Immigration UK 2 dec 2010
✎ EN EEA2: self-sufficient or supported; which is better? Immigration UK 6 sep 2010

Deel Deze Pagina