Forum Immigration France

Community of expats Immigration France: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Post brexit, right to stay

Forum General French immigration issues, visa, citizenship, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General French immigration issues, visa, citizenship, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

Post brexit, right to stay

Postby Mary55 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:26 am

Hi,
With a view of wanting to remain living in France post brexit I would like advice on the best option.
We have been living in France since 1987, my husband working in France until 2007, then worked in Belgium for 10years (which has a tax agreement with France) and since nov 2016 in Germany. During this period we have kept our home in France as our main residence and pay taxes here although income tax is paid in Germany at the moment. my husband retires 2020 and we wish o return to France for our retirement.
My question is can you apply for citizenship or a residence visa if you are not physically present in the country for the majority of the year ( we do return for approx 2-3 months annually), does paying property taxes qualify?
Thank you for any information and advice you can give.

Mary55

Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: France
Languages: English french