Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish resettlement 1946 - How to obtain UK Passport

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by swoody, Jun 12, 2008.

1. swoody

swoody New Member

My father was born in 1945 to Polish parents both in the Polish Army whilst stationed in the Middle East. He was born in Tel Aviv whilst it was part of Palestine.

He came to England aged 2 and lived in a settlement camp in Northamptonshire on an old RAF base before settling into the local area with his Mother and subsequently Uk born brothers and sisters.

My father never went through formal naturalisation in the UK ( nor i believe did his mother who has now passed away) and now he is aged 62 I want to find out how to go about applying for a UK passport for him.

We do not have birth certificates or anything for his parents and his birth certificate states Palestine as his place of birth.

Where do we start ? Any help gratefully received

2. hughunter

hughunter Member

You possibly have proof of his residence throughout these 59 years on British land,this should be enough to give him a british passport.
    Try to get all relevant paperworks in which your parents and grandparents were involved.

This should be a good start.

But i would advice you to have a specialized sollicitor schedule a meeting with you around the topic.You will definitely need one.