Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Record of Citizenship

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by mirkurij, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mirkurij

mirkurij Member

I have reason to believe my great-grandmother, thouggh emigrated to the U.S. from Galcia/Malopolska (then Austro-Hungary) in 1913, she never obtained US Citizenship and confirmed Polish citizenship in 1956. Does anyone here know of a resource in Poland that I could confirm this from? I have all of her information, and my wife is Polish so the language is not a barrier. Please help!

2. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    Did you get in touch with the nearest consulate or embassy? If you can put together all the paperwork for when your relative arrived in the U.S. and afterwards would help. Once you have any and all documents together, such as passports from the various issuing countries and anything else would help. You say she did not apply for citizenship of the country she lived. By placing the documents in order from entry until death will help your case. Good luck.