Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Citizenship

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by fat_michael, Jan 30, 2010.

1. fat_michael

fat_michael Member

Hi all my name is Michael from Sydney, Australia

I'll just explain my story, my dad came from Poland in 1962 at the age of 13 to Australia. He travelled on his mothers passport (which i have no idea where it is) however i have his birth certificate and a polish certification of judaism (no idea why he has that but its in polish)

Anyway I'm looking to get Polish citizenship followed by Polish Passport and after reading this forum it just seems like such an arduous ordeal that takes forever and is really hard...but i think most people are trying to claim via grandparents or even grandparents.

So I was just wondering if anyone has actually done the process on their own, was it really hard? (are my two documents enough) and how long did the whole process from the beginning to the passport in your hand take?

Thanks all and good luck to everyone applying