Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Citizenship/Polish Passport

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by Normalax, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Normalax

Normalax New Member

Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    English, Hebrew
    Hi,
    First post here, very exciting :D
    I'm a 4th generation to a Jewish great-grandfather who was born in Poland in 1908 and immigrated to Israel in 1926.
    I'm currently in the final stages of gathering paperwork for my Polish citizenship application based on my great-grandfather birth right.
    My great-grandfather has changed his first name a few years after moving to Israel.
    My attorney has told me that I need to get some kind of paperwork/proof from the Israeli officials confirming that he has changed his name.
    The problem is that Israeli officials has told me that they do not have such proof/paperwork because the name changing was done before the establishment of the state of Israel(1948) and as it seems today on their database he was always been registered by the name he has changed to.
    I must say that I've checked with the Israeli archives as well and found nothing regarding the matter.

My question is how do I move forward with my citizenship application without the mentioned document ? Is it possible ?

Also, I would like to know if a Polish citizenship/Passport allow me to visit the USA without Visa ?